Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Prince of Peace! . . .work.

I've just picked up one to two bars of wireless from one of the many churches on my block! I haven't had internet at the new place until right now!

I am finished with school, and have to choose what I want to do for the rest of my life.
Should it be photography for myself which is up and down and risky, working for someone which could be unfulfulling, or just go for manual labor?

Its not a matter of choice, since New York=work. Its not as if everyone else in the area can't find work at all. Work is everywhere, thats what the current system is set up for. Everyone who is willing works 8-10 hours , 5 days a week to support themselves and then their families. And if you don't , you're a bum, right?
Its all just too overwhelming, and when you settle for one thing, something else is waiting just to the right of you. Its okay, though, because even as I say I don't have work, I am working pretty consistently with the gallery, being a preparator and photographer to boot, and I've been working at the bakery all throughout college, and continue to still.

I could pick the riskiest thing too, because you only live once, and if you want to, and you can, then do.

1 comment:

kevin s faulkner said...

dude you should just be a bum...i think thats what i am gonna do...flake on my loan payments and sleep in the subway...