Monday, March 5, 2007

pictures of my brother



Now and then.

I pulled out some negatives from 2001, when i shot a lot of tri-x through my nikon, especially of the person i spent the most time with, my brother.

Hes in college now, but I shoot him whenever i can. My impetus for doing so comes from the feeling i get from old snapshots of my family, and how i wish there were infinite amounts of them to dig through. So taking as many as I can now, I want to be able to have lots and lots when I am old.


Steven Pyke has been doing a great series of his son Jack, "mapping the evolution of the human face" its beautiful and sad and they're my favorite examples of this kind of work.

Nicholas Nixon

Rineke Dikstra, who had this series at MoMA at the "Out of Time" exhibit is also worth looking at.